Tuesday, May 24, 2011

50'th Post




Yes. Another ufo on the wall. A high school graduation gift for a grandson. I bought a couple batik jelly rolls from Connection Threads and did a 1600 challenge quilt using 45 instead of 40 strips. I've only two weeks to add a border, quilt, wash, dry ...

I participated in a game called "Pay it Forward". Sharon at Vroomans Quilts sent me a gift. Then I sent gifts to individuals that agreed to play. The ladies have now received the gifts I sent, a jelly roll I made from fabrics I love and fun frog erasers from Staples. They were pleased :)

Sharon sent me a box containing the lovely items displayed on the table. When I opened the box it was like Christmas. Sharon made me the beautiful Moda sewing machine cover, mat and pin cushion. MY PRIDE AND JOY! (If I had attempted to make this set, it would not turn out so nice.) Sharon also made me a beautiful wall hanging and placed pieces of Moda fabrics, a 9 patch quilt pattern and a book of 9 patch quilt patterns in the box. Sharon knows I love quilts using squares in all kinds of combinations. It was just like Christmas.

The ladies that I sent gifts will now see what I received from Sharon and can compare that to what I sent them ... All I can say is ... I'm so glad I got Sharon. She is so talented and kind. Thank you Sharon.

I can't believe it. 50'th post. I'm the slowest blogger on blogspot. It took me about SIX MONTHS.

4 comments:

Impera Magna said...

Oh I love your jelly roll quilt! I have on one on this year's "to make" list! I also like your sewing machine cover.... very nice!

Terri said...

I think you can finish that beautiful quilt in time. Leave the wash and dry for him to do at some time down the road... You didn't get that many cooties on it.
Congrats on your 50th post. Hang in there. We love ya!

donna said...

Congrats on your 50th post. What nice gifts you got. Love you maching cover.
Hugs
donna

Unknown said...

i love your jelly roll quilt, i made a top but have never finished it, maybe someday...congrats on 50

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...