Saturday, September 17, 2011

Whimsical Crayon Box Completed!



I started Whimsical Crayon Box last year and set the top aside until I could learn to free motion quilt. I found the quilt pattern on Bonnie Hunter's blog, Quiltville.com. Thank you Bonnie! My finished quilt is a little different, it's smaller. Still, at 83" x 70", it's a large quilt for me to attempt to quilt.
I used a variegated thread, pink/blue/purple/green/yellow, to FMQ and sew on the binding. I am very pleased with this bright, colorful, fun little quilt! Looks happy on my bed!
A big thanks to Pam, my brother's gf, for holding up the quilt for me to photograph :D

2 comments:

Terri said...

That. Is. Gorgeous! Very pretty, perky and need we say, COLORFUL! I love it. Looks like an easy pattern and with all those colors it would be fun to make. Congrats on a finish, too! (Didn't I tell you that you'd love retirement?)
Hugs!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Perfect binding! And love color thread for quilting, so nice choice there too. How FUN!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...