Oh My! I think this is going to be nice! No borders yet. I have enough Salt Air Red yardage for a skinny border. When I sew that on I will be able to decide which Salt Air fabric I want to order for a larger border and backing.
Tomorrow is May For Me Bingo, the introduction to a Quilt Along and May's yellow Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Lots to do while waiting for Salt Air fabric :D
This week I read The Blessing Way by Tony Hillerman and several Sherlock Holmes' stories by Sir Author Conan Doyle. I love to read. Sometime I read for days and forget to sew. That's what happened this week.
However, I did find time to sew a couple afternoons with my friend, Cathy. A few months ago we bought Salt Air jelly rolls to make jelly roll quilts. We also bought some Salt Air Red yardage for 2 1/2" spacers between the strips. This is a picture of my jelly roll strips and spacers sewed together. Looks nice so far :D
Another pot holder and a little house made with neutral scraps. The house was made using the Happy House pattern on Bonnie Hunter's website, quiltville.com. I may make another pot holder with this house block.
This may be my last go with neutrals because I would rather sew bright colors.
My I SPY 2012 H2H Challenge Quilt is all finished. After a round in the washer and dryer, it's all soft and ready for a child that lost everything because of Katrina.
Mother held it up for a few pictures :D
White and cream colors are April's Rainbow Challenge colors. I made three blocks for my December rainbow quilt and a 4 patch block to use in a potholder. I'll make a house block and a pot holder later this month.
The top of the I SPY quilt measured 53". Then I measured down the side 53" and placed a piece of 1 1/2" wide blue painter's tape from that point to the far top corner. Using the tape as a guide, I sewed along the sides of the tape. I relocated the tape, placing it on one side of the two quilting lines. Using the tape as a guide I sewed a third diagonal line. I now had three quilting lines, each about 1 1/2" apart. I measured 3" from one of the quilting lines and placed a piece of tape parallel to the 3 quilting lines. I again sewed three quilting line 1 1/2" apart. After doing this from the other side, I created a grid of quilting lines.
This is a close up.
Finishing up this quilt is my goal for this weekend :)