Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Knitting Classes and a Dish Cloth

Purple yarn projects are stitches learned in the first three knitting classes. Love the bamboo needles. Adding, decreasing and eyelets were taught in the last class on Monday morning and I'm very fuzzy on those. Made a couple small pink squares for practice.
Instead of practicing the new Monday morning stitches, which I can't remember anyway, I just had to MAKE something. So I pulled out some old cotton pink variegated yard and some number 8 metal knitting needles and knitted a simple dish cloth. Note the triangles in the design. I planned ahead to make that happen. NOT! Ha Ha.
I'm putting that little pink dish cloth to work today on some dishes.
See me smile : )

9 comments:

Linda at Roscoe's Ma said...

The triangles are AWESOME!! LOL!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Isn't that funny with the verigated - had you tried to plan it, it would not have happened.!

Terri said...

Love ombre yarn. Feels like yesterday when I made me a red, orange and yellow top - like a pull over vest. I loved that thing - couldn't wear it much past college though.
Do I see a sleeve, and an interesting scarf, too? I haven't tried bamboo needles. Mine were free when my Mom gave up her yarn shop.
I can see you are having fun!
Hugs

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

You GO, Girl! That dishrag is great. I so need to learn to knit.

Connie Kresin Campbell said...

Looks like you are having fun Sheila and love the way the pink dish cloth looks!

Lynne said...

That little dishcloth is so cute; I'm sure it'll add a little bit of fun to doing the dishes!

Sarah said...

Variegated yarn is always so interesting to use cos you never know how it's going to turn out! And isn't it nice have something at the end that you can use - go wash some dishes!

Deb A said...

Great job on your knitting. Your dish cloth is wonderful. It will clean up those dishes in no time!

Marina said...

Sheila, this looks beautiful. You are natural: your knitting is even. I don't remember when was last time I had knitting needles in my hands! Looking at your blog I want to start quilting and knitting again. :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...