Friday, June 28, 2013

2013 RSC, June, Yellow, Week 5

After five weeks of playing with yellow scraps, I'm ready to play with another color. Earlier this week I used a coupon to buy a new tool, a 60 degrees Pyramids ruler. Several people on the internet are making quilts with 60 degree units and I though I might make one. I cut four 6.5" 60 degree pyramids from scrap typing paper and sewed skinny strips and crumbs onto the paper. Then I trimmed them to the size of the paper. This is a project I'll carry over into next year. I can also imagine a row of scrappy, colorful pyramids sewed into the backing of a quilt.
Three knitted dishcloths made it into the picture. I was able to knit two pink ones and still have a little yarn left from a ball of Peaches & Creme Bright Pink cotton yarn I bought at Walmart for $1.87. The dishcloth in the top row is from a ball of Sugar'n Cream Batik cotton yarn.
To see what others made with their yellow scraps this week, go here Saturday morning.

9 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Good for you in finding a way to use those skinnies - and adding to your tools is good too.

Terri said...

Love the yellow triangles! You are paper piecing, you know. Love it.
Hugs

Deb A said...

Ohhh. I've always wanted to do a 60degree quilt since I saw one on Fons and Porter years ago! Have fun with it. Love the dish cloths...... I need to go find mine and do an on the needles report today.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

How pretty your triangles are! That will really make an interesting project on down the line. And your dishcloths are so pretty! Wish I would magically know how to knit. ;)

Edith said...

Nice little yellow triangles.

Angie said...

I think I have one of those 60 degree rulers! Must find it and play with some scraps - thanks for the inspiration!

Cathy Tomm said...

Love the 60 degree triangles. They could also be used on a boarder around other rainbow blocks.

scraphappy said...

Love your idea for the 60 degree diamonds. A pretty new twist on strings.

Sarah said...

Ooo a new toy to play with. Love your triangles. Going to be interesting to see them grow!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...