Friday, March 14, 2014

2014 RSC March, Aqua, Teal, Turquoise, Week 3 and QOV Blocks for Kevin the Quilter


After playing with my aqua, teal and turquoise scraps, I'll add three 8.5" blocks, four 6.5' sampler blocks and four cocoa mugs blocks to my collections. A cotton knitted dishcloth made it into the picture. Love the little soul searching type block.
Yesterday I pulled the colorful, scrappy crossroads blocks I pieced last year during the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and sewed them together. I added a couple borders and pieced a backing from stash. The quilt top and backing is sandwiched with batting and ready to quilt with a loose free motion meander. Hopefully I'll finish this donation baby quilt next week and post a picture next Saturday.
To see what other's made with their scraps this week go here Saturday morning.


Kevin the Quilter is hosting a QOV block drive. You can read about it here. These five 12.5" QOV blocks didn't take long to make and they are on the way to Kevin in Missouri.

18 comments:

Deb A said...

Lovely! I have most of the cats made - they just need the bottom to get sewed on. Then I'll think about sashing them..... kids are occupied. Too bad I need to start dinner or I'd go put them through the sewing machine. I'll squeeze in the time later tonight. They are just too cute.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You always get so many of the RSC blocks done each week. I do like the cocoa cup - which pattern are you using? Thinking they would be nice in a Christmas mini.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Wow, Sheila, everything looks great! You have accomplished a lot.

scraphappy said...

What a happy collection again this week. Great QOV blocks too! Those are on my list. What great project.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

What a lovely assortment of blocks.

Karen said...

Very pretty teal blocks. I love the teal dishcloth. It is a very pretty shade of teal.

Impera Magna said...

What lovely blocks for an almost-Spring day! Ya done good....

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great blocks!!! ALL of them!

KatieQ said...

You always make such a great assortment of blocks. I loves last week's double pointed star and this week's cocoa mugs. I am never without a cup of tea so mug blocks always make me happy.

Marly said...

You've been busy sewing this week. Your teal collection looks good.

Kate said...

Love your teal blocks! And you did a great job on your blocks for Kevin's QOV block drive. Mine are cut, but not sewn yet. Hopefully that happens this afternoon.

Terri said...

Love your teal blocks...especially the mugs.
Hugs

Melinda said...

Great teal blocks. You have some great projects going.
You also pulled together some very nice QOV blocks for Kevin the Quilter. I can't begin to imagine how many blocks he will receive. :O

Nell's Quilts said...

Your cocoa mugs are adorable. Is it a pattern you can share? Your teal blocks this week are simply lovely.

Unknown said...

Your teal blocks look so pretty and bright. I hope to do a few of the 6.5" sampler blocks yet this month from Soscrappy. Love the mugs.

Jasmine said...

Your blocks all look great! Such fun cheerful colors to work with. I especially love the butterfly block.

Kevin the Quilter said...

Your teal blocks are amazing! WOW! ANd, thanks so much for the shout out, AND the beautiful blocks for the drive! I can't wait to receive them and put them in a beautiful QOV!

Faye said...

Such gorgeous fabrics! I love the mug pattern, very cute.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...