Monday, April 21, 2014

2014 RSC, April, Purple, Week 3


A busy Easter weekend and not a lot of purple fabric fun, but lots of food, fun, family and spring weather. A grand daughter and I made lots of colorful crochet five petal flowers this weekend. She took hers home. I crocheted simple hearts using the magic ring method after she left. Most were made with scrap yarn left over from other projects. She wants to learn to crochet hearts next visit. We used You Tube how to video clips to learn.
Pictured are four 5.5" purple mug blocks, a purple cotton yarn dishcloth and the flowers and hearts that I crocheted. I'm not sure what I'll do with the flowers and hearts, but currently they are in a little amber glass basket on the coffee table. To see what others made with their purple scraps, go here.
I'm behind making all the scrappy purple blocks I had planned this month.. I'll catch up in May as it is a five week month.

6 comments:

Terri said...

So that's what they are - crocheted hearts and flowers. Love those! Looks like the start of an afghan - or embellishments for a quilt or card or earrings or strung together for a grandgirl necklace. Glad you passed on some handiwork knowledge to the next generation. Makes me smile.
Love your purple mugs, too.
Hugs,

suemac said...

Purple is one of my favorite colors.

LuAnn said...

Beautiful projects. I love making that dishcloth pattern!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

How are you going to use all those little crochet bits? Enjoying stitching time with anyone if fun, but so happy when family.

Ellen said...

Lovely way to spend time with your granddaughter!

Impera Magna said...

How wonderful your granddaughter crochets! What fun times together...

Love your purple stuff... purple makes me happy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...