Saturday, September 26, 2015

2015 RSC September Orange Week 4, Rainbow Scrap Quilt Finish, Donation Baby Quilt Panel


After playing with orange crumbs this month, I'll add two orange pot holders. A cotton knitted dishcloth made it into the picture.
It's time to move on to another color of scraps. Maybe brown? To see what others made with orange go here.


I had a novelty panel in my stash and decided to quilt it for a donation baby quilt. It's quilted with a very loose free motion meander. I turned it in at Tuesday's guild meeting before taking a picture of the backing, but it was a cute green novelty print. The binding is an orange print. It finished at 35" x 42".


I sewed my 12.5" Rainbow Eye of God blocks together last week and added a border, batting, backing this week. It's quilted with a loose free motion meander and a red print print binding.


The backing is a pretty blue Paris themed print. After a go in the washer and dryer it finished at 51.5" x 64". A nice size for a lap quilt.

23 comments:

Quilting Stories said...

Nice projects! Your Rainbow scrap quilt looks beautiful!

Julierose said...

Beautiful Rainbow Eye of God! Love that Paris backing, too...I have a pink Paris print that I want to do something with...waiting for inspiration to strike, I guess....nice orange finishes this week...hugs, Julierose

Debbie said...

What a great rainbow quilt. Just perfect for a little nap quilt.

Marly said...

I like your rainbow lap quilt. You must have used very thin strips to make the blocks but the effect is stunning.

Karen said...

Very pretty rainbow quilt. Nice bright orange potholders. They will make greate gifts. I like the two color dishcloth. I have learned to single crochet but not how to join to threads to continue.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. The Eye of God blocks turned out beautifully.

scraphappy said...

Busy week! The Eye of God is beautiful. Perfect backing and binding to finish it off.

Cathy said...

Cute rainbow string quilt! I usually don't like sashing on string quilts but yours just adds to it and sets off each Eye of God beautifully. Congrats on another scrappy happy finish.

Edith said...

Vibrant orange potholders are great and I just love the Eye of God and it's backing, a creative week.

Vroomans' Quilts said...

All great projects - love the God's Eye especially.

Katie Z. said...

Your finish is fabulous!

Mystic Quilter said...

What fun - you have a finish well before the end of the year! A beautiful Eye of God Quilt.

Zenia Rene said...

Ooooh I like the rainbow eye of God quilt! Great finish. visiting from Whoop Whoop.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your Eye quilt turned out great, a nice balanced placement of light and dark value blocks. Congrats on a super finish.

Angie said...

Wow! I'm impressed that you completely finished the Eye of God quilt so quickly! It's a winner!

Laura said...

Did you take your Eye of God to the guild meeting?? I hate that I had to miss the meetings yet again, but it is what it is. I am so glad you have a blog so we can keep in touch anyway! Hooray for another donated quilt too! That is a cute panel. I love your orange crumb potholders too. I have one border on my pineapple blossom. Maybe tomorrow I can figure out how I want my triangle border to go :) Happy Sunday my friend!!

Deb A said...

What a productive week! Your quilt came out lovely - someone is going to love snuggling under it.

Quilter Kathy said...

Another amazing rainbow finish from your sewing room... gorgeous!

Nann said...

Your rainbow strings have just given me the jolt of inspiration I need for my October Heartstrings project. THANK YOU!

Rebecca Grace said...

Congratulations on your finishes! I love your Eye of God quilt.

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

That's getting them done! Everything looks wonderful. You go girl!!!

Magpie Sue said...

Oh, well done!

beth s said...

Love all those little squares running around your string quilt! Lovely.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...