Saturday, December 19, 2015

2015 RSC December Turquoise Week 3, Two Totes Made From Deconstructed Men's Shirts


It's been a busy two weeks since my last post. Christmas sewing, totes, tiny zipper pouches, receiving blanket. My back was out about a week. Thankfully it returned. Lol. I have four turquoise occupied happy scrappy houses to add to my collection.
To see what others made with their RSC scraps go here Saturday morning.


I made another Everything Bag using deconstructed men's shirts. A piece of thin interfacing in the side pockets give them some body. Narrow pieces of batting in the handles give them body, too. This tote will be a gift. So far, I've made four Everything Bags. It's not a difficult pattern and people seem to love them. I'll probably make more.


I've made three of these small totes using 1.5" strips of deconstructed men's shirts. I sewed 14 strips onto batting. The strips were about 14" long. The handles were made from lengths of fabric 6" wide with a narrow piece of batting inside to give them body. I have pillowcases to sew and I'll be done.
I hope everyone has a Merry Christmas : )

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Sew much Christmas joy! Lots of great scrappiness this week. I hope that you enjoy all your holiday plans. Best wishes for a fabric filled new year.

LA Paylor said...

those totes are so fun. Love them. LeeAnna

gayle said...

I'm glad your back came back!
Those bags look like fun! They look great in recycled shirts!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Cute house blocks. Love the totes! Glad to hear the back is better.

Mary Marcotte said...

Wow! For someone with back problems, you've been busy! Those totes are really nice and that you recycled shirts is especially inspiring. I've been wanting to make a few house blocks, but I really am not sure what I want them for. I've been letting the ideas kick around but nothing has me jumping in just yet. I guess I'll eventually get there. Have a wonderful Christmas!

Ellen said...

The totes look great. I will have to try to make some in the coming year.

The Joyful Quilter said...

FUN blocks and super-cute totes!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Great bags and what a good use of the deconstructed shirts - very, very effective.
Loving your turquoise houses, lovely with the bright orange. Have a Happy Christmas!

PaulaB quilts said...

Very productive week you had. The totes are so useful and suit anyone. I peeked in your house Windows. Love the pink and the blue kitties. The chefs house has a garden on the roof. Are they growing herbs and such there to use in their cooking? How very green of them.

Sarah said...

The turquoise and orange look great together and I'm totally in love with those shirt bags. I'm going to hunt out some shirts in the charity shops after Christmas unless I can get DH to give up some of his! So glad your back has come back!

Laura said...

You always amaze me!! Love the totes! And the house blocks are great additions to the ones you have already made! glad you are feeling better! Merry Merry Christmas my friend!! <3

Kate said...

Fun and bright turquoise houses. The bags are great gifts. Have a very Merry Christmas!

Elaine/Muddling Through said...

Sheila, you are such a productive sewist of beautiful things! Thank you for sharing so many pretty things with us all. Merry Christmas!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...